RECIPE: Flourless Blondies (Fructose-free & Gluten-free)


I admit. I've been very lax about using stevia as the sweetener for the treats I've been baking. I admit to something else. I'm addicted to fructose-laden sweeteners. You know, sugar, maple syrup, agave, honey, and even fruit juice.  

More health experts are finding the negative effects of fructose on our body (click here for a brief summary about it). It gets processed in our liver just like alcohol does. My addiction to fructose makes so much sense now! No wonder I crave it & can keep stuffing my face with it. 


So back to stevia. It's a challenging sweetener to bake with since a little goes a long way & it tastes different than fructose sweeteners. There's very few baked-good recipes out there and even fewer that tastes decent.


I experimented with these blondies and they actually turned out pretty good. Not very sweet. But good enough to appease my sweet craving. Without a touch of fructose.


Flourless & Fructose-free Blondies

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups peanut butter (I used the crunchy kind)
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons liquid stevia
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • pinch salt
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/8 c. milk (add if batter is too dry)

1. Beat peanut butter, eggs, stevia, and vanilla until well combined

2. Add baking powder, baking soda, and salt. 
3. If batter is too dry or hard to mix, add a tablespoon of milk at a time until batter is easier to mix.
4. Pour in baking pan & pat top down to even it out.
5. Bake @ 325 for 25 minutes or until top looks slightly crackly.
6. Remove from oven. Cool for 15 minutes.

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment