Have you ever bought a basket of strawberries and some were still sour?
I used to toss those sour ones and just eat the red ripe strawberries. Until I found out that eating those pucker-inducing strawberries may not be so bad when you add salt to it.
This recipe is for those not-quite-ripe and sour-tasting strawberries that you may not want. If you like the tangy and salty taste of a margarita drink, you might enjoy this truly simple strawberry recipe.
You might end up buying strawberries just to get the sour ones.
Salted Sour Strawberries
- 4 - 5 strawberries (the more orange or light pink the color, the more sour it will be)
- 1 tablespoon fine sea salt
1. Wash the strawberries in a bowl. Transfer to a dry bowl or plate so as not to get the salt wet.
2. In a separate bowl or plate, pour salt.
3. Dip the strawberries in the salt and eat. Continue dipping as desired.