When I'm in the mood for something salty and crunchy and not made of grain, I'll quickly roast some almonds in the oven.
Roasting almonds with some olive oil gives them a smoky flavor. And more crunch.
Sprinkle some salt and you now have a tastier treat.
Roasted Almonds with Olive Oil
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- sea salt to taste
2. Place the almonds in a bowl.
2. Pour in the oil and coat the almonds evenly with it. The nuts will have shiny sheen to them.
3. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until it turns reddish-brown in color & smell that slight fragrant nutty scent.
4. Take out of oven immediately. Sprinkle sea salt & shake it around for even coating.
5. Cool for at least 1 hour before eating.