RECIPE: Gluten-free & Vegan Macaroons with Stevia

Sometimes I just want some coconut.

Today was like that. 

But I didn't want to slave in the kitchen. Thank God for my trusty macaroon recipe! 

I made these babies in less than 10 minutes flat (before oven time) . Super-quick & super-easy.  

It's vegan (unless you use cow's milk) & gluten-free. And it's made with stevia. If you don't know about stevia sweetener yet, see my post about it's wonderful-ness.

Sweet Stevia! Macaroons (makes about 12)
Ingredients:


  • 3/4 cup milk (milk of choice. I used rice milk)
  • 1 teaspoon liquid stevia (use glycerin-based kind like NOW Liquid Stevia)
  • 2 TB starch (corn, tapioca, potato or arrowroot. I used cornstarch)
  • 2 cups shredded coconut flakes
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder


1. In a small bowl, evenly mix the coconut flakes & baking powder. Set aside.
2. In small saucepan, mix milk & stevia in low to medium heat.
3. Add the starch & stir continuously for just a few seconds to remove lumps.
4. Quickly pour in the coconut flake mixture before the starch & milk get clumpy. Mix well.
5. Use tablespoon measuring-spoon to scoop & form the macaroons in a greased cookie sheet. If you have a baking mat/liner, then skip the grease.
6. Bake at 325 for 18-20 minutes or until edges look slightly brownish (see photo above).

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment