Love-Slave to the Sheikh by Miranda Lee

Add caption
2.5-star
Straightforward & tomboyish horse vet can't believe playboy Sheikh is attracted to her. She agrees to a sexual affair with him, knowing its temporary due to his womanizing reputation. But what she doesn't know is that she may be the last woman he'll ever be with if his brain-tumor operation in the next 3 weeks fails. 

I didn't enjoy this Lee book much. It wasn't exciting--the romance, sexual chemistry, love scenes, pacing, & characters. My emotions weren't drawn into the story. I found my mind wandering a few times while reading. Although the sex scenes sounded appealing, the emotional pull in the telling & the characters failed to stimulate my senses & my heart. Hero & heroine were clearly in it for sexual pleasure & even companionship but I did not believe they fell in love. They didn't really know each other. Their time together was all about sex & horses. Neither displayed enough emotional vulnerability & openness that allowed each other into their lives. 

A mainstream HP. Don't expect too much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment