Just One of the Guys by Kristan Higgins

2.5-star
I enjoyed Higgins humorous writing. If it wasn't for that, I'd have stopped reading. Here's my problem with the book: 80% of it was spent on heroine's family members' various relationships & heroine's relationship with another guy. Higgins did well in making me care about the heroine & Hero's relationship but the reason for Hero's not pursuing a relationship with heroine was very unconvincing. His declaration of love towards the VERY, VERY END was also abrupt & super short. Suffice it to say, their reconciliation was abrupt, very brief (last 4 pages including the epilogue), & unsatisfactory. I mean there were more details about heroine's sex life with her ex-fiance than with the hero!...something I'd expect more in a chick lit than romance novel. 

Warning: may be a frustrating wait for Hero & heroine's coming together.

No comments:

Post a Comment